In order to develop a common understanding of the DRF initiatives/ programs in the country amongst all the stakeholders, there is a requirement to create a forum of the relevant stakeholders. NDRMF has created the DRF Synergy Group (SG) to help achieve better coordination amongst the key stakeholders and improved understanding of the country’s needs in the context of disaster risk financing.
Promote transparency and the effective exchange of information in order to achieve an enhanced level of coordination and cooperation amongst key stakeholders in disaster risk financing in Pakistan.
SG Terms of References
- Support the development of the National DRF strategy for Pakistan.
- Help shape the future of the DRF approach in Pakistan.
- Coordinate amongst the key stakeholders with respect to ongoing DRF activities and future programs.
- Identify synergies and overlaps and build partnerships among key stakeholders involved in Disaster Risk Financing in Pakistan.
- Assist dissemination of strategic information and best practices.
- Provide strategic direction for national planning in disaster risk financing.
- Provide expert advice for research, instrument development and scale-up of interventions for achieving enhanced fiscal resilience.
- Assist resource mobilization for DRF activities in Pakistan.
- Any activities assigned to the SG by NDMA and NDRMF.
The Fund moderates the SG with the following composition:
|1||NDRMF||Mr. Khurram Khaliq Khan||GM – P&OG|
|2||NDRMF||Mr. Muhammad Fawad Hayat||DGM – DRF|
|3||NDRMF||Dr. Kamal Ahmed||DM – DRF|
DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITIES
|4||NDMA||Mr. Idrees Mahsud||Member (DRR)|
|5||PDMA Balochistan||Mr. Attaullah Mengal||Director (Planning & Relief)|
|6||PDMA Sindh||Mr. Muhammad Shayyan Shah||Deputy Director (Operations)|
|7||PDMA Punjab||Mr. Imran Khan Mughal||Senior Accounts Officer|
|8||PDMA KP||Mr. Tajdar Khan||Assistant Director (DRM)|
|9||Other Districts Disaster Management Authority||Mr. Zubair Ahmed Khan||AD (Admin & Compensation)|
|10||PakRe||Mr. Muhammad Junaid Moti||Executive Director (Underwriting)|
|11||NICL||Dr. Syed Kausar Ali Zaidi||Zonal Head North Zone|
|12||IAP||Mr. Nasar – us – Samad Qureshi||Chairman IAP & Chief Executive Alfalah Insurance|
|13||SECP||Mr. Syed Nayyar Hussain||Director (Insurance)|
|14||SBP||Mr. M Anwaar Alam Khokhar||AD – AC&MFD|
|15||Ministry of Finance||Mr. Bilal Khan||Financial Advisor – Cabinet|
|16||Ministry of Commerce||Mr. Taimur Tajammal||Joint Secretary (Admn)|
|17||Economic Affairs Division||Mr. Saeed Chaudhry|
|18||BISP||Mr. Nasir Saeed Akhtar Warraich||Director (Beneficiary Services)|
|19||ADB||Mr. Mian S. Shafi||Senior Project Officer|
|20||WB||Ms. Ditte Fallessen||Senior Operations Officer|
|21||KfW||Ms. Christine Eberhard||Principal Project Manager|