National Disaster Risk Management Fund is focusing on the following four thematic areas.
- Theme 1: Development of the DRR and Climate Change Infrastructure
- Theme 2: Preparedness for Disasters and Climatic Shocks
- Theme 3: Disaster and Climate Risk Assessment
- Theme 4: Disaster Risk Financing
In line with the themes and based on the priority and readiness the NDRMF has prioritize some actions (potential project) in the initial phase, shown in table below;
|Theme||Strategize Actions (Potential Projects)|
|Theme 1: Development of the DRR and Climate Change Infrastructure
|· Structural interventions for drought and dry land management.
· Structural measures in flood prone areas (river works: embankment strengthening and protection walls)
· Retrofitting of schools, hospitals and other important public facilities to withstand against disasters.
· Building code revision and enforcement
· Landslide treatment structural and bio physical interventions
· GLOF relevant structural and infrastructural interventions
· Mangroves plantation and natural buffer rehabilitation in the high tide areas
· REDD+ Interventions
|Theme 2: Preparedness for Disasters and Climatic Shocks||· Operational Readiness Exercises (OREs) of the Government Officers on Emergency Management (National, Provincial and District level)
· Strengthening readiness of the communities through CBDRM, SBDRM, Health Focused DRM activities
· Develop volunteer force (NDMF) for effective response under different institutions like Civil Defense and Rescue 1122, PRCS etc.
· Urban search and rescue (Rescue 1122) specialized teams deployment in major cities
|Theme 3: Disaster and Climate Risk Assessment||· Multi Hazard Vulnerability and Risk Assessment (MHVRA)
· Climate Vulnerability and Risk Assessment (CVRA)
· Structural Risk Assessment Specialized studies like public buildings risk assessment
· Any Other (Site/Area or Hazard Nature specific Studies like Seismic, GLOF etc.)
|Theme 4: Disaster Risk Financing
|· Probabilistic risk modeling (geo-physical and hydro-meteorological hazards)
· Development of national level Disaster Risk Finance (DRF) strategy
· Development of two DRF instruments